Saturday, April 24, 2010

I fail at blogging AND school!

No update in a month, I'm sorry. Not that anyone really cares.

Life has been pretty good lately. I actually saw Derrick... two weekends ago? My head is still attached to my shoulders, literally and metaphorically. It was a bit of a miracle... conversation was scarce between us, but it was existent, and I even got a chuckle out of him once or twice. He seems just the same as he did when I first met him, just... I didn't see him quite the same way as I did before. It was somehow like I was meeting him again for the first time, even though I knew him. But I guess I don't anymore, so that makes sense. I'm talking myself in circles here, so I'll stop.

School is the same as usual I guess. I just got my report card and managed to bring my average up to a 90%. This was a feat for me; I was rather happy with myself for a while... until I found out that most of my friends managed to have that average too. For some reason, this made my accomplishment seem smaller with every person who got an average not even higher than mine, just the same... it was one, and I was proud, then two and then three... and I felt like what made me special was gone. I was always the smart kid growing up, and as I found my friends were just as academically adept as I was, it made me feel small and like my trait wasn't unique. Even though I realize that it's a really stuck up way to feel... I just can't shake this feeling of disappointment and failure.

It didn't help that neither of my parents expressed any praise for my, in my opinion, excellent marks... they just shrugged it off. But when my siblings get report cards, oh! How exciting! Jillian did SO well (again) and far better than I ever did at that age. Noah and Zachary have slightly above-average marks and that's great. But me? Oh. Alex got a report card. Woohoo. Sign here and it's done. I kinda feel unaccomplished...

Sorry for the complaining. I just needed to get that out I guess.

Yours truly,

- Lexi

Music: Comatose by Skillet

1 comment:

  1. First of all, intelligence is not something that is come by very often lately and judging from your posts you are.It takes very little to be book smart, but a lot to have common sense and be truely intelligent which I believe you are from previous posts. Don't let a piece of paper make you doubt that your intelligence is higher than anyone elses. Don't be so caught up in everyone elses averedge,because if you're proud of it, don't be any less so because of their accomplishments; your accomplishment matters the most. Another thing I have to ask is, shouldn't you be proud you were smart enough to pick friends who accomplished good marks and are intelligent? Anyways, just a thought. Stay proud because a 90 is a really good averedge. Don't let what your parents think of your marks get you down, they probably just expect you to succeed.

    ReplyDelete